22. srpna 2017

My Current Skincare


Hello lovelies! I thought I would share my current skincare routine with you. It's quite simple because when it comes to skincare, I'm quite lazy, not gonna lie! If you're interested in the products I use (not all of them are pictured above for some reason, I don't know what it is with me!) keep on reading!

Taking off my makeup


To take off my makeup I have three options at hand. Most often I use a micellar water, right now it's the Ziaja Natural Olive Micellar Water. Ziaja is a very affordable Polish skincare brand. I'd say it's a decent one as far as micellar waters go.
When I'm wearing a lot of makeup and I want to take it all off fast, I opt for a coconut oil (currently it's the dmBIO Organic Coconut Oil). I massage it all over my face and then wash it off with a hot, damp towel.
My final option are makeup wipes. When I'm feeling extremely lazy or I'm travelling, these Nivea 3-in-1 Care Cleansing Micellar Wipes. These are my favourite ones at the moment, they take my makeup off well and are really convenient.

Washing my face


 I wash my face usually while I'm in the shower. To do that I use the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Cream Wash. It's gentle on my skin, doesn't really dry it out but my skin feels really clean afterwards.
The second step after I've washed my face is peeling. Now, I don't use a peeling product every day, more like 2-3 times a week since my skin is quite sensitive and prone to redness (which is thanks to the absolute lack of pigment in it, it's basically translucent so you can see EVERYTHING going on with it). I'm currently using this Balea Creme Peeling that I've picked up in dm (a German chain of drugstores) for really cheap and it's fine. Before that, I've been using a Himalaya Herbals one I'm takling about in my Empties post (click here to see) and I'm also stealing my boyfriend's Neutrogena Visibly Clear Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub which I'm really enjoying.

Toning my skin


Now, I'm not an expert on toners in the slightest. The Nivea Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner got to me by accident but I find it really nice. It smells great and makes my skin feeling fresh. It also helps to remove any leftover makeup and impurities that my makeup remover might've missed.
Now we get to one of my holly grail products, though; the Purity Vision Organic Rose Water. I use this one when I'm sure I don't need toner to take off any excess makeup since it's in a spray bottle and I like to spray it on my face and neck and let it sink in. I guess it's not technically a toner but I didn't know where else to put it since it's not a makeup remover or a moisturiser per se. It's 100% rose water from Rosa Damascena. My skin LOVES it.

Moisturising my skin


First of all, please excuse the state of the product on the left. I honestly have no idea what happened to the label but it's The Body Shop Vitamin E Day Lotion SPF30. I use this one in the morning to moisturise the skin and shield it from the deadly solar power (ha ha, I know). I'm slowly but surely running out of it and I'm planning on buying TBS's SPF50 Essence and a different moisturiser. If you have any tips for sensitive, dry/combo skin, please leave them in the comments!
Now we get to my second holly grail, the Saloos 100% Squalane Oil. This is a dry oil made from Squalane and I love it. It's non-comedogenic, doesn't leave my skin feeling oily, it's very light on the skin and it's deeply hydrating. Also, a bottle will last you a long, long time since you only need to use a couple of drops at a time. To read more about the benefits of Squalane oil, I recommend reading this article over on Beautyeditor. This oil is a part of my favourite combo; I wash my face, then I use the Rose Water spray, let it dry and then I use this wee fella. Instant radiant and plumped skin!

Face masks


Finally, the last part of my skincare; masks. I'm currently using two kinds; a clay mask and a hydrating sheet mask, namely the L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox Mask and the Garnier Moisture+ Aqua Bomb Tissue Mask. I really like to use the former first and then the latter. I like to use this combination on a day I know I won't be wearing makeup, though since the Garnier sheet mask's serum/slime takes quite a long time to sink in and is not ideal under makeup.

So, that concludes my skincare routine for you! Although it's not very complicated, I've managed to ramble on about it for quite some time, haven't I? Anyway, I hope you like today's post and maybe find some tips for products to try. What are your favourite skincare items? 
I'm now going to resume watching Yuri On Ice and maybe eat something curled up on the sofa since I'm feeling under the weather for some reason.

Until next time, take care!
xoxo Tess

2 komentáře:

  1. So many lovely things! I so wish my skin wasn't so reactive so I could try lots of these :D I love Nivea, it's so gentle and kind! Following you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I have a little Chip cup giveaway and following back on bloglovin!)

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! Reactive skin is truly difficult to take good care of! Mine used to be much more sensitive and reactive but now it's quite alright, although I still consider it sensitive. I would recommend things like coconut oil, the squalane oil I'm mentioning in the post & rose or lavender water. These should be fine even for reactive skin and they do work.
      Lots of love
      Tess

      Vymazat