14. ledna 2018

Review│Maybelline Superstay 24h Full Coverage Foundation


Hi everybody!
Today I'm bringing you a review of the new-ish Maybelline Superstay foundation. I have to say I was totally inspired by Sophie from Sophdoesnails on Youtube to buy this one since it's one of her favourites and she uses it quite often in her videos. Her skin type is oily and I was curious to see how this foundation performes on my skin which is on the drier side. Want to find out how it went? Keep on reading!


Now, I'm really sorry for the bad quality selfies but since I don't have a proper camera yet, they will have to do. This is my naked face, cleansed and moisturised. You can see I don't have any major issues with it, the only one being the fact that I'm so pale you can see EVERYTHING that might be going on with it at the moment; redness, veins, etc. I also have genetic under-eye circles I can't get rid of.


This is my face after applicatoion of the foundation. You can see that it covered everything quite well. I used about three pumps of the foundation, though, which I find quite a lot for a full coverage foundation. I applied it on my eyelids as well as under the eyes and in those areas, I found it had creased before I had the chance to powder it. On the rest of my face, though, I think I could've gotten away without powdering it since it had a matte finish. I did, though and I found my skin looking a bit dry afterwards. I used quite a bit of highlight and a dewy setting spray, though, and that did take some of that dry feeling away.


This is my full face done. I went for a bit of glam makeup, apparently, haha! To be quite honest, I think the shade of this foundation (05 Light Beige), although being the lightest one, was a tiny wee bit dark for me. I think it oxidised a little because when I was taking the swatch comparison photos (below), this one seemed the best match of them all.
I had the foundation on for about 8 hours that day and it stayed on very well. It didn't settle into my smile lines, my under-eyes didn't crease (I had a concealer on as well), the only issue I had was that the foundation rubbed off my nose but all of them do since I have a constantly runny nose (TMI, haha?). Bear in mind, though, that since I have drier skin, all foundations last better on me than they would on oily skin.



Overall rating: 7/10

PROS
  • staying power
  • coverage
  • doesn't look cake-y even though it's full coverage
  • good for oilier skin
  • doesn't feel heavy on the skin
CONS
  • a bit too drying on drier skin
  • oxidises a little on me so I would need an even lighter shade
  • takes a while to blend
  • settles a bit into my pores (I haven't tried it with a pore-minimising primer, though)

Hope you enjoyed this little review I did!
Have you tried this foundation? What is your experience with it like? Also, what foundation would you recommend for drier skin types?

Lots of love and until next time!
xoxo Tess

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat