15. května 2017

Haul│NYX + Swatches (including a cat photo)



Hello, lovelies!
Last week, I made a wee shopping trip to NYX so I decided to write a cheeky little haul post. I was on a mission to buy a brow pomade and a cream highlight but I ended up with a couple of other things I'd been eyeing up for a hot minute as well.
For more photos, swatches & some thought -- read on. Hope you enjoy!





NYX Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade in Chocolate
Getting my eyebrows right is a constant battle in my life. I feel like I've tried everything; pencils, gels, dye but somehow I've never tried using a brow pomade. I used this twice already and I have to say that I'm enjoying this product so far. It's a nice consistency (not too stiff), easy to work with and it stays in place. The only thing I have to say that I wish they brought out more shades because the lightest one (Blonde) is far too light for me and the second lightest (this one) is a tiny bit too dark and warm-toned. But I think I can make it work fine enough.



NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Lavender Lust
There's a specific person who inspired me to get this one; Belle from 'Lunestelle' on Youtube. She used it in her everyday fairy makeup tutorial and I thought it looked really dreamy. I really like the effect it gives, the lavender is really subtle and flattering but so far I think it doesn't have as much lasting power I would like but I'll continue using it (since I really enjoy it) and I'll see.



NYX Wonder Stick in Light/Medium
Firstly, I'm not 100% sure I got the shade I wanted because on the website it says that th shades are Universal, Light, Medium, etc. I wanted the shade Light but couldn't seem to find it, I only found this shade so I got it but it left me a little confused. Anyway -- yes, another cream product. I've been drawn to creams lately for some reason and really wanted to try this one. It's a two-in-one type of product, highligh shade on one side and a contour on the other. I find it creamy, blendable and quite natural. The staying power could be a little bit better but overall, I think it's a cool product. Handy, too!



NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Natural
The swatch photo doesn't seem to pick up the colour quite well because in real life, it's less brown and a little lighter. Really close to my natural lip colour. I'm planning to use this as a lip liner as well as a base for scars when I'm doing some character makeup.


NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray
And finally, we're nearing the end! For some time now, I've been using a 100% rose water mist as my setting spray (also as a toner and refresher, I definitely recommend that by the way!) and wanted to branch out a little in terms of setting sprays. I've used this a couple times and I think it works pretty well; it helps if my makeup feels too powdery and provides a nice natural dewy finish. I also didn't have any issues with my makeup at the end of the day.

All the products in action:



Bonus cat photo, haha:


(Paddy sure looks like he's had enough, lol)




Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat