25. června 2017

Recipe│Healthier Cherry Pie (Bublanina)

Hello everybody! I hope you're having a nice Sunday evening and that you've had a great weekend. I've done quite a lot of baking this week and I'm going to share with you one of my favourite Summer recipe.

Disclaimer: This recipe is not of my own creation, I found it on Kivi's blog (in Czech). I've used this recipe quite a few times already and I tend to alter it a little bit but it's great. Below, I'm going to describe the version I'm making.


This version of the fruit pie in Czech called bublanina is easy to make and quite healthy as far as pies go. It is tasty, fruity, moist and most importantly, extremely easy to make.
I intend to make more food-related posts in the future so I hope you don't mind. If you try baking this bad boy, be sure to let me know how it went!
Without further rambling, let's get into the recipe.


Ingredients:


  • 1 and 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (the closest equivalent to the semi-coarse flour you're supposed to use according to the recipe; in my country, there are three types of flour according to coarseness)
  • 3/4 cup dark Muscovado sugar (you could also use coconut sugar I suppose, though I haven't tried it yet)
  • 1 packet of baking powder (approx. 12 grams)
  • 1 packet of vanilla sugar (approx. 8 grams)
  • 1 cup milk (I use unsweetened almond milk or a can of coconut milk; this gives the pie a rich, creamy taste)
  • 1/2 cup oil (I use either coconut or olive oil)
  • 2 eggs
  • Fruit of choice (I use cherries more often than not but you can make it lots of different kinds of fruit)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 200 C
  • In one bowl, mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar)
  • Add all wet ingredients (milk, oil, eggs) and mix well
  • Pour the batter into a cake pan lined with baking sheet and lay fruit on top, lighty press it into the batter
  • Bake for 20 minutes (or more, depending on the size of your pan, therefore the thickness of the batter)

Enjoy! 
xoxo Tess

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat